21 June, 2009

Dwelling forever

This morning I was grazing in my Bible and I found this verse:
I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Psalm 61:4
If you've been following this blog for a while you've probably figured out that I hate moving. Many aspects of it, the disassembling of my life, the changes in routine, the actually packing of boxes, the good-byes, the stress of change. When reading this verse this morning, the words 'dwelling forever' seemed like a perfect antidote to the pain of moving. Imagine dwelling somewhere forever. Somewhere perfect, somewhere you are always satisfied with. Imagine not having to pick up your roots and drag them elsewhere ever again! Imagine not being tied down by earthly goods, having to sort through them and make decisions about them. Imagine never having to be sure you still have your passport on your person. Ohhhh, the imaginings I could do on this image.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds VERY, VERY good - something to look forward to!

Thanks for sharing this!

Shan in Japan said...

As I sit in the midst of boxes this sounds absolutely wonderful! I have had many more addresses than I ever wanted to have and can't wait for the eternal one! Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how God gives us the part of His Word we need, just when we need it.