09 June, 2009

Right brained teachers?

I just found this Right brain-Left brain explanation on Facebook. I'm a little concerned that both politicians and teachers are described as having difficulty explaining ideas verbally. Also that they are impulsive, spontaneous and don't like time limits? My experience of most teachers is exactly the opposite, that they rule by time limits. The worst teachers were the ones who couldn't explain...
Right brain individual: Right brain individuals are intuitive, creative and imaginative. They are flexible and are concerned with the bigger picture rather than details. They are impulsive and spontaneous and do not like time limits. They have difficulty explaining ideas verbally and prefer illustrations to verbal instructions. Careers: Architects, Artists, Salespeople, Psychiatrists, Musicians, Politicians, Teachers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From my experience, salespeople have no problem with words. Overly verbose, would be the way I would describe it.

[I think it's working! Thanks!]

Ken Rolph said...

I wouldn't want to be taught by a wrong-brained teacher!

[I think it's working! Thanks!]

Is there an echo in here?

Hippomanic Jen said...

Okay, so I have never had to deal with teachers much since leaving school, but my limited experience is that teachers do have some problems with time limits (for themselves, obviously not for the students) I received a phone call at work, "We're having a Geography excursion on Friday and were wondering if you could speak to the kids about Town Planning".

"Friday, as in the day after TOMORROW?" was my agast response. Nothing like getting your excursion organised early!

I was actually very happy to be able to reply that I already had other meetings on that day, and I hope they learnt a lesson for next time.

Wendy said...

Jen, I think maybe they needed a lesson in time planning rather than town planning!

Wendy said...

By the way, Anika and Ken, I'm glad "It's working". Let's see how it goes from here.

Tim and Susan said...

How funny...I think I fall into the right brain group, although I would make an aweful salesperson.

Susan