03 April, 2010

Another special day in an ordinary life

It is interesting to read about what you did 'this time last year'. This time last year I was doing the same as I'm doing today - celebrating my birthday. In a different place and certainly with different people.

My birthday wish for today was to celebrate with my family (i.e. my birth family) for the first time in five years. I got that plus an Aussie BBQ, the boys had cousins to play with and all my meals were made for me. All a girl could want for her birthday. I even had two cakes - a carrot cake and a cheesecake. Yummy!

Mum tells me her key to avoid thinking about your own advancing age is to focus on the next generation. To her, my 30+ years are young! I think I like her advice, I'll focus on the 10, 7 and 4 y.o.s in my household.

Still time to try new things...tomorrow - camping in tents!

1 comment:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

She's a wise woman your mum!