23 June, 2010

Hidden weapon

I did quite a bit of city driving today. Enough to have plenty...well...some thinking time. I thought about how David and I cope with the difficulties which face us, particularly a large obstacle like transporting our family across the ocean. Many people shake their heads in wonder. But I realised that a lot of our ability to cope comes down to how we spend the first 30-40 minutes of our day.

Before we get out of bed we commit our day to the Lord, which includes offloading all our cares and concerns (especially those of that day and the previous day) onto his broad shoulders. Then we get up and go at it, confident of His help as we go about our day. Simple, really, but broadly under-rated.

3 comments:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

So important! Thanks for the reminder. iwe know that the days when I fail to do this never seem to go as well.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you for the reminder. Prayer is something I struggle with a lot.

Wendy said...

Anika, prayer is something everyone struggles with. I am especially blessed to have someone who prompts me to wake up and do it as well as someone to do it together with. I think prayer when you are on your own is extra-difficult. Keep at it, though. God loves it every time you do.