10 August, 2010

Continuing on with baths and toilets


Following on from my bathroom post the other day, I thought I'd get a better shot of the deep bath. I even roped in a (fully clothed) model to give you something a comparison for depth. I don't post photos of my kids here, so our nearly 8 y.o. is looking at his feet. The bath is 56cm deep (not quite 2 feet).

Well, I cleaned my toilets yesterday too, so I might as well show you them too. You'll pick an interesting trend in coloured tiles...


 The first is our downstairs toilet. Also known as the "yellow" toilet. The window opens out into our carport.


This is our front door on the right and yellow toilet on the left.
 Upstairs we have the "green" toilet. Did you notice that the toilet seats are plugged in? They will be warm in winter (if we choose). The yellow toilet will do other mysterious things too, but I'm not sure I'm game...












My biggest concerns about the toilets is that the floor tiles are cracking.

This is just inside the door to the green toilet. Someone is going to cut a foot. So, for the time being we've covered it with cardboard.


Storage is something Japanese in general are good at. This cupboard is built-in above the door in both toilets. It is kind-of cool. The bottom bit operates like an aeroplane storage facility. You press upwards and it opens downward. The reason why I'm not totally excited about it is that I cannot reach in unless I go and get a stool to stand on. Sometimes it is just inconvenient to be short - even in Asia.

2 comments:

cj said...

I think the Chinese toilet is more interesting! Although there are also Western style ones like in Japan, you can see a photo here of my relatives' toilet in China :)

Wendy said...

I must say, CJ, that in my own house I rather a "not-interesting" toilet. Japan has interesting toilets too. Squat toilets appear in most public places - but usually if there is more than one stall there is a choice.

I'm amazed mostly by how little privacy is afforded in park-based toilets. Very little effort is made by toilet-block builders to keep what goes on in a men's toilet from the general public's eyes.