03 August, 2010

Hemmed in on all sides?

For anyone who is amazed that we're living in a house. Let me assure you that it is only just a house. It is very nearly attached to the dwellings beside it. Check out these photos. One from each side.
The third photo is out of a second floor window. You can see the street isn't far away either.







And from this fourth photos neither are we far from the houses behind us.

If we think about it, we could feel hemmed in, but we're fairly used to Tokyo living and it doesn't bother us too much. It would be far worse in an apartment. We've also had a year of "space therapy" in Australia. We're thankful that the inside of the house is quite adequate plus we are very close to CAJ where, once school starts, the boys can enjoy space to run and yell and climb.

4 comments:

Footprints Australia said...

Wendy I am constantly amazed at what a prolific blogger you are! And your posts are always so interesting! Sometimes I struggle to think of things to blog about. Or when I do write something, I then have to work out whether it is best suited to my blog, the Focus ezine, or Footprints mag. Decisions, decisions!!! Hey maybe I should blog about this LOL ...

Wendy said...

Janet, I am not short on material at the moment, so it isn't hard to write daily. Glad you find it all interesting. I sometimes (but not often) wonder if I'm just wasting people's time.

Footprints Australia said...

Definitely not!!!! You are educating us and expanding our horizons. And besides, I just look forward to reading your blog posts because I enjoy them. :-)

Wendy said...

Janet, you're too kind :) Thanks.