19 October, 2010

Volunteering

This week I'm doing a lot of volunteering. Two very different types of volunteering.

The first was using my professional skills of Occupational Therapy. I did a developmental assessment on Monday morning. Physically and mentally processing that has consumed most of the last two days.

The rest of the week will be consumed with the biannual (twice yearly) premier fundraising event of CAJ. Known as Thrift Shop, it is basically a school-wide garage sale. An incredibly efficient and well organised garage sale. Tonight they are setting up the gym as the venue and tomorrow we will begin transforming it into a huge 'garage'. Friday 10am, the fun begins. Bargain hunting.

My volunteering at Thrift Shop will not be as mentally challenging as my OT work yesterday and today. But I'm suspect it might be more physically exhausting. 


2 comments:

Camilla said...

Oh, I love a good garage sale! That looks fun!

Karen said...

Good work with the OT assessment. Whenever I've gone back to work after maternity leave it's been slightly nerve-racking doing the first assessment back, more thinking involved and my brain always feels a little bit rusty....enjoy the freedom of intervention planning with no expectations!!