27 December, 2010

Four stitches forward, three back.

Just want to let you know that I'm feeling frustrated. No, not the boys this time - they've had a great couple of days. 

My new cross-stitch project - Blinky Bill for my sister's babe-soon-to-be-born. I've been working away at it over the break and doing quite well, until I discovered that the one thread colour that I've used quite a lot of already is the wrong colour brown. I was taking a short-cut and using a brown I already had, but it turns out that it is too chocolatey brown, not the drab brown that I'm supposed to use. As you can see from this video of Blinky Bill, he is not chocolatey brown at all!

So, I spent a good deal of time yesterday and today unpicking all that good work. Then, just when I thought I could start moving forward rather than back, I found another problem with the small amount of stitching I had left. So, more unpicking. I'm now almost back to a blank canvas. Sigh.

4 comments:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

That's really sad. Hope you can move forward with it soon! I'll look forward to seeing the finished product. Sounds cute.

Mrs Q said...

Oh dear, I did get you the right colours didn't I? I checked them twice to be sure. But maybe you started using the substitute before you got those ones?

Wendy said...

Yes, you got me the right colours, Mrs Q - thank you! I needed 8 colours, substituted 5 and asked you to send me 3. It was one of my substitutions that went bad. Just a pity it took me so long to figure it out!

Mrs Q said...

Ok, if you want me to get more, just let me know.