04 January, 2011

Drinking upside-down

My sons are gradually discovering that one of the things Mum does on the computer is write a blog. They don't fully understand what it is, but the youngest one begged me to take this picture so I could post it.

Last week I shared with them my "cure" for hiccups: drinking upside down. They could hardly believe that their mum would do anything so cool! Or that she would allow them to do such an obviously "bad" thing.


I have to find some one of letting them see the fun loving side of me. Unfortunately whenever I stop being the "policewoman" things get out of control very quickly and it is hard to reign it all in again. 

I've just read a book that I want to tell you about soon: "How do you tuck in a superhero?" It's been coming into my conversation all the time, so it'll have to come into my blog soon. The author has five sons, so I found it very helpful as well as laugh-aloud amusing. Anyway, this woman makes me feel not so bad about being the one who has to be hauling in behaviour all the time!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Look forward to the book review. Like you, I also feel like I am playing bad cop (often to Daddy's good cop) here...
My kids enjoy looking at the pictures on my blog, especially of stuff like their birthday cakes, and I generally show them the Muppets videos, which they seem to find funny. I have told A it's like writing a diary...

Wendy said...

Actually, usually we are both 'bad cop'.

I played your recent Muppet video for the boys yesterday while we were cutting their hair - just thought you'd like to know.