01 January, 2011

Looking forward to 2011

Having just looked back at my "looking forward to 2010" list and found it to be pretty accurate, I'm not sure that I'll be able to match that this time around. We're at the end of two years of transition that has actually gone relatively as planned, at least in the bigger details, even if it felt as hard, at times, as this rock climbing looks. It is therefore a little strange to be looking at a new year that doesn't have big things planned for it (you know, like moving countries).

So, in looking forward to 2011, here are some things that are planned or I'd like to happen:
  • After a good start with developing a new Occupational Therapy service here, I'm hoping to get more established and contribute more to CAJ in this area.
  • Getting more into the editorial side of the magazine Japan Harvest, including regular meetings with the editor.
  •  Continuing my freelance writing, I'm hoping to have something else published for which I'll be paid.
  • I'd like to play the piano at home more, but there are so many other things to do. I even have a standing invitation to play a friend's baby grand that I am yet to take up.
  • Friends, with their two children, from Australia are planning to visit for two weeks mid-year. We're all looking forward to this.
  • The pastor and his wife who married us are in Japan for a year and we're hoping to get together with them soon.
  • We're hoping my parents will visit this year. It would be great to have them for Christmas, but we'll have to wait and see. 
  • We're thinking about getting an seasonal pass to a local amusement/water park - particularly for the long, hot Tokyo summer that is coming our way.
  • Striking out on a new level of adventure, we'd like to get some camping action (tents) happening. 
  • Two women's retreats plus our annual regional mission conference.
  • And maybe more, only God knows!
Is that enough to keep me out of mischief? We'll see. I'm planning to keep on blogging too. So you can join me on the journey on the edge of ordinary in 2011.


2 comments:

Meredith said...

Sounds like some excellent things in the pipeline. I love reading your blog and look forward to seeing how this all unfolds over the year. Go well.

Karen said...

Enjoy all that. Look forward to continuing to share the back to OT journey with you...only another seven weeks until I re-join the working world with you!