17 January, 2011

Now the clean-up begins

I've never experienced a flood, in fact many who live in South East Queensland have never experienced a major flood, I can hardly imagine the filth and can imagine hardly knowing where to begin. 

So it is with interest that I read first-hand accounts of what it is like to clean up. Here is just one of the stories. This lady came up from northern New South Wales to clean up her parent's house and some other places, including a school.

Just when I thought I 'd seen all the photos I needed to, I happened upon a photo of the basketball stadium where my son played many matches last year! The whole gym looked like an indoor swimming pool, except the water isn't so clean. Yet another familiar place under water. Our Alma mater, the University of Queensland had considerable water in places. The place where my husband asked me to marry him, was on the river bank in front of the uni - several metres under water on Wednesday!

To encourage you flood-affected people - there are people here in Japan praying for you and not just us. People at our church and within the missionary and CAJ school community too. May God turn this tragedy into good.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thanks for all the prayer support Wendy, it's been so much appreciated.
The Uni looked pretty soggy didn't it. My sister in law works out there and she sent us pictures of the Uni clean up that were on the UQ website. Poor old Tennis Club...