30 January, 2011

Tomorrow, the day I've successfully avoided for five years.

Tomorrow comes the day I've tried to avoid for many years. I knew it was inevitable that, living in Tokyo, I'd one day have to face the trains on my own. I wrote a little about it here.

I've become comfortable in getting to close-by stations, but tomorrow I have to get myself across the metropolis of Tokyo via four trains and a couple of big, crowded stations. 

So if you don't hear from me tomorrow, it is because I got lost in the spaghetti that is the Tokyo train system. But hopefully I'll make it home in time to pick up my sons from school.

4 comments:

Karen said...

You can do it Wendy! (But I think it all looks very complicated...)

Sandy said...

You can do it! My teenager knows the Beijing subway system better than I do! I believe in you.

Betsy de Cruz said...

Hi Wendy, I saw your link on Women of the Harvest's Blog roll. You can do it! I can relate. For me,living in Izmir Turkey, driving is a huge challenge due to the aggressive drivers. The traffic is out of control, I've even seen people backing up on freeway access roads. Anytime I have to drive somewhere new in this city of 4,000,000, it is a stress producing challenging. I pray and tell myself that I am a woman of faith! Blessings!
Betsy

Karen said...

Helloooo Wendy....(echoes around the room). Are you back yet??