02 February, 2011

A monster of a storm

I am about emotionally wrung out after the last month, so I'm feeling a tiny bit numb about the latest disaster facing my home state of Queensland. 

However, for anyone who isn't aware, they are facing a monster of a cyclone (a southern hemisphere hurricane). Its eye is to cross the coast in only a few hours, but already roofs are being torn off and debris is flying down streets.  It is the most severe category (5) and is so large it would cover the whole of the US. If you want to read more, this article will tell you plenty, with links to pictures and audio files too.



Poor Queensland. I shudder to think of the long-term consequences of the multiple disasters its residents have faced over the last six weeks.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Praying for your country!

Betsy de Cruz said...

I understand how worried you must feel. It is hard to get bad news from home and be so far away. May the Lord's hand of grace be over Queensland!