07 April, 2011

Cherry blossom trees

The first three photos were taken yesterday at CAJ. 
 


Well, these aren't the best photos, maybe I'll try tomorrow in the morning (these were taken after school). 

The following photos were taken in earlier years.

This is also CAJ, taken from my husband's former classroom window. Wouldn't you like a view like that at your workplace?



It is traditional to have a drinking party underneath the blooming sakura. This isn't as easy as it sounds because they only bloom for a week or so and not at exactly the same time each year.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow...just as I was asking you to post some pictures!? I'm impressed. Dumb question approaching...do they only come in white? (for some reason, I had the idea they were pink, but I think that idea comes from the cherry bit)

Wendy said...

Why Karen, we were perfectly coordinated, you asked the question just as I sat down to post the photos.

They are pink, can't you see, especially that one with the blue sky? It is a very delicate pink that shows up best when they are on mass. But, yes there are other pinker versions too.

KarenKTeachCamb said...

Thanks for sharing this beauty with us. My classroom looks out on the roofs of Phnom Penh, with the occasional splash of green, usually a mango tree!