03 April, 2011

A quiet birthday

Well, it is my birthday, but I thought I could still do a short blog post. I've been rather philosophical on recent birthdays, but decided to just relax and enjoy a quiet day today without too high expectations. Here is one of my presents, which made me laugh. Not the present itself, but the English warnings on the back:

As has become traditional on my birthday, David bought an ice-cream cake from Baskin and Robbins. We enjoyed the cake, but the double bonus was watching the dry ice "melt" into gas before we ate the cake. Nothing like a bit of every-day science.
Tonight, courtesy of an American friend I happened to meet in a car-park the other day, we have a babysitter (should I say babysitters - our boys hanging out with their family of five hanging). My friend reads this blog and told me not to write about our encounter and the photo she showed me...so I won't, but I will thank her for her kind hospitality and commit here on-line to returning it in the not-to-distant future!

So, now off to get ready for a date!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hope it was a great birthday date!!