24 May, 2011

Three more photos, then I'll stop.

You'll be sick of my raving on about this magazine soon. Tomorrow I promise I'll write about something else. 

Today, I particularly wanted to post three more photos.
This is where I've been working the last two days. Not a great photo, but the sun was blazing in the window. These wonderful ladies both work part-time for the organisation who publishes this magazine. Japan Evangelical Missionary Association. But these last two days they've been putting in full-time hours.
Just a couple of the multitude of boxes of parcelled-up magazines. 2,400 magazines is a lot. We've worked for two days on these and they aren't finished yet.
At lunch-time I wandered downstairs to the Christian bookstore (this building is a Christian Centre full of lots of organisation's offices, probably the biggest in Japan). There it is - our magazine on display for sale!
But in closing I have to say the most encouraging thing so far was watching my husband avidly reading the magazine in bed last night. His comments were very positive and encouraging. 

I'm too close to it to judge, but it seems like we might have produced a quality product that peopel might enjoy and be challenged by. Waiting to see how God will use this.

2 comments:

Footprints Australia said...

Wow that is a lot ... at Footprints we usually have about 600 to package up for mailout!

Wendy said...

The usual run here is 700. We gave a special deal for this one for members and had huge number of orders.