07 August, 2011

I'm proud of these

A couple of weeks ago I wrote that I'd gotten the sewing machine out to help with holiday boredom – the boys' that is. The novelty has worn off now, but I was inspired to do some sewing of my own. 

Here are the shorts I made last Thursday and Friday. I surprised myself at how fast I got them finished. And considering that the pattern is for a size 12 woman and they are for a nearly 9 y.o. boy, (I downsized the pattern myself) they don't look so bad, And no, the legs aren't different lengths, just badly laid out on the floor! My model didn't hang around for a photo, so I cannot show you how good they look on him!

My next sewing challenge (after we get back from camping this week) is to make a pair for his younger brother – to my delight there was enough material left-over from the remnant that I bought to make these from. That's two pair of shorts for only 1,100¥ (about AU$12). Not bad.

1 comment:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

Wow, Wendy. I'm impressed! Have fun camping and making the second pair (which hopefully will be much easier than the first).