26 September, 2011

Looking ahead to the week before me

After a crazy week last week (I had a total of 1.5 days with kids at school in the midst of what is not supposed to be holidays), I'm looking forward to something more normal this week. Whatever "normal" is! This is what is on the cards (that I know about, anyway):

Tomorrow I'm having morning tea with some Japanese friends from the days when our middle son was in Japanese kindergarten. Postponed from last Tuesday when I'd had about five hours sleep and then a boy who didn't get to school until lunch-time.

Wednesday is David's birthday, his 40th. We're going out to lunch, a joint birthday-anniversary treat. I'm looking forward to that! And watching the boys give their Dad the presents they selected on Saturday (great deliberation!).

Thursday I'm going to with friends to a missionary ladies mini retreat. Just for the day, we're going out to an area close to where we went camping in July/August. It'll be fun.

Friday is probably a pretty normal day. Starting with a CAJ prayer meeting, then a Bible study with a friend. I might get to my 12 y.o.'s cross country, or I might not. I believe it is in the afternoon before school finishes. Not sure how that will pan out.

Saturday we don't have to get up early! But I do have to bake. In the evening we're having an unknown number of guests to a Dessert Party. "Unknown" because not everyone has replied yet. I shuddered to think about feeding a large group a main meal in our small-ish house, so opted for the naughty part of a party – the sweets! This is what I'm mostly thinking about at the moment. What to bake and how much! And how do you decide between Pavlova, Chocolate Cheesecake, Orange Tart, Rich Cheesecake Brownies and Apple Pies? I could make any or all of these, but how do you choose?

So, what are the chances that it will all turn out like this?

1 comment:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

With all those choices, I guess it will be a matter of what ingredients you can get or have on hand, but it all sounds good. Maybe you shoudl just make the lot and be done with it! Enjoy.

Chances the week will all turn out like this? Hmmm. With your household, I'd be going for a slight chance. Hope Wednesday does work out for you and David though!