04 October, 2011

Another of my hats – calendar editor

I'm excited to hold in my hand something else that I've worked on. These calendars arrived last week and yesterday I finally could flick through them to see what they look like. I've seen them many times on my computer screen, but holding them makes it more real.

This is the fifth year I've done this. They are generally used by Japan OMF missionaries as gifts for their supporters. We printed 3,000 of them this year. I'm pretty impressed at how they've turned out again. 

My role? I select photos, write the text, copy edit the proofs, and liaise between the important people (leadership here, our finance director here, the person handling the orders [my husband], and the publisher). What does that make me? The writer/editor of the calendar? Whatever, I enjoy it and it is a small contribution I can make towards supporting the work here in Japan.

No comments: