12 October, 2011

Rush-hour on my schedule

I feel as though I'm in the middle of several collisions at the moment. Collisions of schedule.

To start with, it is a four day week. So Monday was a great rest day and family day, but a little-work day.

Tuesday I'd allocated as a Costco day. That means I left in the car at about 9am, drove for about an hour in Tokyo traffic, and got back about 2pm, spent the next hour or two unloading, putting everything away, dividing meat into suitable portions (the mince US=ground beef) comes in huge packets, and squishing all the freezables into the freezer. Then dealing with the homework and piano practise for another hour or two. Costco does mean large cheap pizza, so I always bring one home for dinner. Yay! But there went Tuesday.

Wednesday and Thursday afternoon are my only free days to do the things piling up on my plate. This includes:
  • Final editing check on the Japan Harvest magazine before it goes to the printer
  • Checking that I'm all set for the start of the English Bible study that I'm leading on Friday morning at church (this one doesn't require a lot of preparation, but I'm nervous, knowing little about what is going to happen and never having done something like this before).
  • Starting the 'testimony' that I have to give at a ladies meeting at church next Sunday (23rd)
  • Doing the mid-week preparation for a Bible Study I'm doing with a friend on Friday (yes, two Bible studies on one day, how spiritual!), this is mostly reading.
  • Keeping up with the emails that just keep coming
  • Preparing for the prayer meeting that I'm leading on Monday at school
Friday afternoon is the dentist again but then, some fun. CAJ is hosting some interschool volleyball matches, which means they'll feed us dinner (probably hot dogs and curry rice, depending on who you are) and entertain us too.

Saturday morning holds the Cross-country finals. That means another early start and writes off most of Saturday!

Next week is Thrift Shop, which basically means I'm working full-time from Wednesday till Sat lunch time. Oh, and we might have a house guest too! Yes, I believe I've managed to score me a good couple of busy weeks.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hope you survive it all!