24 October, 2011

What a "quieter week" looks like

I'm trying to have a quieter week this week, after two crazy ones. I'll let you know at the end of the week if I managed.

Today I did a bit of household maintenance (probably should have included cleaning, but it didn't – no surprise there). I filled up the larder and did a couple of errands. Helped a colleague from Hokkaido with some research by introducing her to some friends and took her to the station with her bags on her way to her next stop-over. I also made it to the gym again, first time in nearly a week and I cheered the participants in the CAJ Fun Run, a rather low-key event that the cross-country runners are required to participate in. My son got a PB of something like 2 minutes faster than he's ever run 2 miles before. A really fast run that surprised us all.
Tomorrow I've deliberately not scheduled anything. Here's what I'm thinking: I'll do some baking, because the school lunch-box biscuit supply is about at an end. Then I'll do some shopping – I'm going to buy some material to make at least one new pair of long pants for each boy, maybe more. 

Long pants for boys are things that you don't often find at Thrift Shop. Guess why? The knees get torn out, if not that, the crutch busts out. So, it is pattern modifying time (I have a pattern for adult shorts and little kid's long pants, but not for school-aged boys). And time to pull out my sewing machine again. 

And I'll probably do some lying down. I know myself well enough to know that I cannot keep on going at this pace without some catch-up time, otherwise I'll be paying for it with some kind of physical dysfunction.
 
Wednesday and Thursday each have one meeting apiece plus "computer time" which encompasses everything from preparation for the writer's retreat/workshop that I am helping facilitate in a couple of weeks to answering email, editing articles and writing the magazine's Style Guide. Oh, yes, and preparation for my English Evangelistic Bible study on Friday morning, better do that. Yep, shouldn't be too bad a week.

Have you figured out that for me, a quieter week usually doesn't mean nothing to do? It just means less scheduled in my diary and less deadlines. I do hope that the baking and sewing tomorrow will be relaxing though. They usually are.

1 comment:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

Hmmm, are you asking for trouble? Just kidding. I hope the week goes as planned. Have fun sewing.