09 January, 2012

Today's challenges

Today I lead a prayer meeting for seventh grade parents. It seemed to go well. Because of the public holiday and the lunch following our meeting we had a good turnout, 50% dads!


The lunch with 18 other parents of 7th grade went really well, better than I expected. A special thanks to the B family for the Muscle "jan ken" ice breaker! I did enjoy the time we spent together. Unfortunately much of the potato salad I made to take came home with me . . . guess I'll just have to eat it myself (kids don't like it and David's trying to be good for his cholesterol's sake).


In between the above two meetings, I dropped into the school library and asked the librarian to go on a quest for me. To find books that I can read to all of our kids after dinner. I've written about this activity before (for example, here), but I'm a bit stuck at present for books that will hold the attention of our 6 y.o., and yet not bore our 12 1/2 year old! She looked excited by the challenge! We love you Lois.


Then I jumped straight into a Skype magazine editorial meeting. So much going on now! We met for more than two hours and I'll have a fair job sorting out the meeting notes tonight. We're introducing new things to the magazine, changing staff and responsibilities, organising new events (writer's workshops), etc. It is a challenging, but exciting time. I'm praying that it will all go smoothly and that the end result with be a better magazine with less stressed staff and writers.


Now I get to the business end of the day (homework, dinner, showers, bed) and feel a little out of breath, mentally speaking.


But on the physical front, maybe I need to get back to the gym. My knee has been a bit dodgy for over a month now (slight strain, I think) and so I've been trying to rest it over the Christmas-New Year break. I really miss the exercise, though. So tomorrow I'm going to go back as best I can without over-stressing my knee. Anyone wish they were younger and their body healed faster?


It still amuses me when people find out I have three boys, they instantly assume that I'm very busy. Well, it is true that I'm busy, but as you can see, most of what has kept me busy today hasn't been the three boys! Although you could legitimately argue that I've spent most of the day at school and I wouldn't have done that except for having boys at school.


But for now . . . homework, anyone?

2 comments:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

Sounds like a good day.

I had a thought as I read about your potato salad. Have you ever tried making it with acidopholus yoghurt (plain unsweetened yoghurt) instead of mayonaise. I don't much like it with mayo, but quite enjoy with yoghurt. Might be kinder for David's chol. and the boys might like it. Just a thought.

Wendy said...

Hadn't thought about that option. Unfortunately only our 6 y.o. likes yoghurt these days.