15 February, 2012

Wellness signaled by a return to ornery behaviour

Ah, time to send the lad back to school. He's had no fever since Monday night (it's now Wednesday night) and practically no flu-like symptoms since then either. Now, this afternoon, he's become ornery. So, barring a flare up of symptoms overnight, he's back to school tomorrow! And I can get out of the house again. I suspect I'm a little ornery myself.


Yet to see if anyone else receives it. I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest. Poor hygiene is rampant around here! For example, one boy, formerly flu patient, does some internet-based maths work on the computer. Later, another boy comes and checks his email, then puts his hand up his nose and back on the computer. Germ transfer both ways there! 


Ah, reminds me . . . I'd better give this keyboard a clean and wash my own hands! What gets me is that they are indignant when I suggest that their hygiene is substandard. They sigh, roll eyes, and generally get mad at me. Argghhh. That's the thanks I get for trying to help them (and us all) out. 


Thankfully they are all almost in bed now and I won't have to deal with them or their unhealthy habits for another 12 hours. Phew.

No comments: