09 March, 2012

I'm back

Just a short note to let you know I'm back safely! The driving went pretty well. We only got lost for a little while on the way up, but my navigator, Teresa, was hilarious and as we had no nervous nellies in the back seat, we had a lot of fun getting lost (and found a beautiful scenic tree-ed avenue as a result). Totally fine on the way home, although it rained gently the whole way. But now I'm a bit tired.

The 2 1/2 days away were wonderful, but I think I'll leave it to tomorrow to write about it here. Lots of laughter, lots of tears, lots of love. Missionaries are often stressed and busy, but also people who are largely misunderstood. The culture we're in doesn't understand why where here, the people we've left behind struggle to understand also. Often the deepest friendships and fellowship comes with other missionaries. So times like this are very precious.

However, to leave you on a lighter note, we were amused by this sign on the toilet door just outside the dining room.

No comments: