11 April, 2013

The Lord is a mighty tower

I missed a post on the Women of the Harvest blog a couple of weeks ago (no surprise, it was during our Spring Break). They posted a photo like this for their Picture Praise :
Photo by richard_b from http://www.morguefile.com/
They coupled it with the verse from Proverbs: "The Lord is a mighty tower
where his people can run for safety" (18:10, CEV). 

Or you might know the "strong tower" version better:

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
    the righteous man runs into it and is safe" (ESV).

I've loved this verse for a long time, ever since I heard it preached on during the difficult year between my going to Indonesia for a short-term trip, and graduating from university.

He still is my strong and mighty tower and I've run to Him many times for safety. I hope you do too.



1 comment:

Betsy de Cruz said...

Amen! I love this verse too.