15 May, 2014

School Camp!

Today I'm going out to west corner of Tokyo for a two-day overnight camping trip with my middle son's 5th grade class. They used to tent it, but the weather can be very unpredictable at this time of year, so this is the second year the class is staying at a
campsite in real buildings overnight. However, much of the time will be spent in the great outdoors, hiking around in the mountains. 

One part of me isn't looking forward to the physical exertion and the time away from my desk (meaning a pile-up on Monday). The other part of me is longing to get away from the constant emails and the pressures that are building as we prepare for going to Australia.


We've camped as a family several times out in this area and know that it is beautiful. So I know that my spirit will be refreshed by the beauty.

This is a class I've found very loud over the last four years I've interacted with them, so I could come back significantly frazzled. We'll see. We're also sleeping in the same room as the kids, so I'm not sure how much sleep I'll get. It's been a very long time since I've been on a school camp!

 Stay tuned for how it all goes.


No comments: