14 August, 2014

Mixed emotions

After yesterday's busy high, I've got mixed emotions today, it probably goes well with the weather that has alternated between sunny and gloomy. We apparently have a bundle of rain coming (which is good for this drought ridden land), but it's taking its time.

One thing is weighing heavily on my heart is a teenager who is having trouble adjusting to school. He misses his friends and familiar school terribly, and is struggling to make the change. I'm doing what I can to help, but I just want to fix it, to shield him from the pain. But I know I can't and ultimately he needs to learn how to cope in new situations. But it tugs on my mother's heart.

Another piece of bad news is that four out of the five boxes of the 31 Days of Prayer for
Japan that were ordered by OMF Australia appear to have gone missing between Bangkok Airport and OMF's offices in Sydney and Brisbane. We're still hoping and praying that the missing boxes will turn up. It seemed too good to be true that I would have the privilege of being able to report back to churches about what we've been up to the last four years with something in my hand that I've actually helped produce. It will probably still happen, but not as fast as I'd hoped.

The good news is that David's certificate for his Masters has arrived in the mail. Yay!

Aside from that it's been a quiet day as we've wrestled with planning for speaking opportunities and continued in preparing our materials for those (I'm about to go and sew some laminated labels onto hats).


2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I hope your teenage son could share with his friends back in Japan who could pray for him. There could be a real fellowship in their common experiences of having a year back home away from friends and the school culture they know. Praying!

Wendy said...

Thank you Rhonda! The trouble is that teenage boys aren't great at expressing their feelings to others. I'll ask him, though.