10 December, 2014

An age-old question: "Am I Okay?"

I found this encouraging blog post "Am I okay?" three and a half years ago, in the midst of a traumatic series of months in our lives. I didn't get around to posting about it here, but it is as relevant now as it was then.

As I've written honestly here, I've often had reassurances that, "You're okay." From friends, but also from God. 

All I need to do it look at my Bible to be reassured that, though God knows more about me than anyone here on earth, He will not fail to love me.

Psalm 139:1-2 
You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar (NIV).


and

Isaiah 54: 10
Though the mountains be shaken
    and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
    nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
    says the Lord, who has compassion on you 
(NIV).

No comments: