25 February, 2015

Green view

The view I get every morning from my bed.
One of the joys of this season in Australia has been green space.
Our suburb here is spacious. Blocks are large and there's lots of garden. Just the joy of green grass lining the road is not to be taken for granted.

The view from the bedroom we use at my parent's house
(my old bedroom).
A special time of the morning has been the view from my bed in the morning. David and I read the Bible and pray in our bedroom before breakfast. I open the curtains and drink in the view as we connect with our heavenly Father. Admittedly there are better views in the world, but it's good enough for me. 

In Tokyo, if I look at the right angle and in the right direction I can see sky from my bed. Often it is grey, but sometimes blue. This Australian view is much nicer and is feeding my soul, refreshing me before we return to the realities of Tokyo.


  


1 comment:

Meredith said...

I completely agree. I remember one time back in the day of film camera and I was preparing to go overseas. Before I left I hooted around and took photos of where I live and places I liked to have something to show people overseas and maybe initiate some conversation. I remember being initially surprised when I got the photos back from being developed to find that most of them were of open green spaces. It was then that I realised how much a part of Australian life and how much we take for granted the colours and space of living in this country.