06 June, 2016

Ice breaker questions


I'm thinking about get-to-know you activities. Here are some questions I was given some time ago to aid in the formation of a new group. Maybe you'd like to answer them too. 

  1. What are your hobbies? Reading, baking, cross stitch, camping, word games. 
  2. What makes you laugh? Mm, irony, 
  3. What is your favourite food? That's hard too. Cheesecake and chocolate are two. I also love mangoes, peaches, and potato chips (hot and cold). 
  4. What did you want to be when you were a child? I can't really remember. I only remember not wanting to be a nurse like my mum. 
  5. Where is your favourite place in the world and why? With people I love, it really doesn't matter where we are, but preferably not in a crowd. Aside from that, I love mountains. Their beauty always astounds me. I also have fair skin that's hard to keep from burning, so the beach isn't my kind of place. But I don't like climbing mountains. 
  6. Describe your ideal holiday. No housework (though a bit of cooking is okay), lots of books, quiet, lots of sleeping. 
  7. What is your favourite non-Bible book and why? That's hard, I love books! One series would be the Billabong Series by Mary Grant Bruce. I think because the characters are so real to me now after so many re-reads. Also, they are very Australian, which is something about my life I love.
  8. What is your favourite Bible book and why? Psalms. They speak with such emotion and even when times are hard there is a rock-solid trust in God that comes through. 
  9. Share something that God has been speaking to you about recently, or share a sermon or talk that made an impact on you. In little ways Gods showing me the product of many years of parenting. It is fantastic to see the boys gradually "getting" stuff, the more difficult stuff.  I've also become aware of how I'm often naturally looking for things to give thanks to God for, especially in the hard times. I wonder if that is a product of many years of prayer letter writing, as well as trying to pray in a pattern that starts with praise and thanksgiving. 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I always enjoy reading these things and getting to know people a little better. I'll have to do it on my blog. :)

Wendy said...

Yes, they're fun, aren't they. They make a fairly easy blog post too, when you're lacking in inspiration.