09 May, 2016

Restaurants galore

Today I've done two restaurant meetings in a row. I'm not sure I'll want much for dinner. 

For lunch I went to a local Indian restaurant with five mums from 11th grade. We meet monthly to pray for our children's class. Some of these ladies I've been praying with for years. We don't normally have lunch but this was our last meeting for the school year so it was a nice treat. 

Lunch was, can you believe, ¥980 (AU$12.40), all you can eat! It was a fun, relaxing time.

It isn't a place you want to go if you don't want to meet anyone you know, however. The restaurant is run by a couple from the CAJ community and many internationals in the community frequent it.
I went from there to another restaurant that offers a soft drink/coffee/tea drink bar where I met my language exchange partners. The coffee was really helpful, I've been fighting off a tension headache today and the coffee was enough to help me out. I don't drink coffee every day, but sometimes it does help me when I have a headache.

I've squished all that, plus grocery shopping and weekly menu planning into Monday, I've now got Tuesday and Wednesday free to catch up on editing and other computer work at home before I go on the Grade five camp with our youngest son on Thursday and Friday. It's a busy, but fun week!



T

No comments: