11 April, 2018

The "Bobs" are back

Two years ago in spring we had a couple of birds take up residence in the bird house that our eldest son made in middle school. They laid a batch of eggs and hatched them. But once the babies were able to fly we rarely saw the family again, actually we never saw the babies, though we could hear them. 

We wondered if they'd come back the next year, but they didn't. However this year we have the same species of bird back again. Thanks to my blog (see here), I can tell you they are Parus Minors or Japanese Great Tits. For ease, we've nicknamed them the "Bobs" (from this fun song about fourteen animals with the special name of Bob).

I spent some time trying to capture them with my camera last Wednesday. Alas my lens doesn't have a great zoom, and the birds are so energetic and flighty that I ended up taking most of my photos through two layers of glass (having work to do, I didn't spend the whole day with the door open waiting for them).







My favourite: I captured one of the "Bobs" in flight!


No comments: